On this page:
Spraying Liquid Asphalt for
1. Provided funds are available and upon any one of the
following conditions, the Commissioners Court of Denton
County authorizes the expenditure of County funds to spray roads
for dust control:
- At the request of the precinct Commissioner.
- Based on a traffic count, when the number of cars per day
are a minimum of 180.
- When County trucks are hauling materials to or from a
major project site, damaging the road surface and
creating a severe dust problem.
2. All other requests for spraying diluted emulsion in the
unincorporated areas of the County shall be at the
requestors expense and as permissible in the schedule of
the Denton County Centralized Road and Bridge Department.
Posting Speed Limits and Weight
Limits On Unincorporated County
1. A public hearing is necessary for the posting of all
regulatory road signs, i.e., speed limits and weight limits.
2. Advisory signs, such as curve signs and children playing
signs, do not require a public hearing and shall be posted as
needed by the Director of the Centralized Road and Bridge
Department of Denton County and shall be in accordance with the
Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices.
3. Roads are categorized as follows:
||Local Subdivision Roads
4. Weight limits on all county roads shall not exceed 25 tons
(50,000 lb. Gross Weight).
5. Where there is a load posted bridge (BRINSAP) on a dead end
road, the road load limit shall not exceed the bridge load limit.